We have received a few queries from clinicians and caregivers on the best process to disinfect your TheraTogs systems. You can download them here (www.theratogs-staging.pte6eqsy-liquidwebsites.com/disinfect), or review them in their entirety below:
The Clinical Starter Systems are intended for multi-client use, with the expectation that clients will wear the TheraTogs garments over light clothing, and not against the skin. Loaner Systems may be worn against the skin to assess the full effect of their application, but are generally expected to be used by one client per Loaner cycle.
The primary protocol for disinfection of TheraTogs Loaner and Clinical Starter Systems, when used by multiple clients in a clinical setting, is as follows:
- After client use, spray the interior and exterior surface of the garment components with a standard 3%-6% hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) solution. (This is typically available in pre-diluted form from the infection prevention/control authority of the facility.)
- Allow the surfaces to dry before the next client application.
- Wash garments and strapping after three or more uses using minimal fragrance-free detergent with H2O2 or a 5% or 50 ppm bleach solution (sodium hypochlorite – NaOCl/NaClO) added to wash cycle.
- See TheraTogs Product Care documentation (English / Spanish) for guidance on temperature, agitation, and other care and cleaning conditions.
DO NOT USE quaternary ammonia as a supplemental cleaning agent; it has been shown to destabilize or destroy the white foam interior surface of the garment components.
TheraTogs provide a foam-lined, Latex®-free, breathable, comfortable, Velcro®-sensitive “external skin” for clinicians engaged in sensorimotor training of clients with developmental disabilities and selected orthopedic malalignments, and for clients in rehabilitation following brain injury, stroke, orthopedic surgery, or neurosurgery. TheraTogs are made of a washable composite fabric with a foam backing made of an aqueous-based elastomeric urethane.
TogRite™ is Latex-free elastomeric strapping with an inert, silicone-based grip surface. TheraTogs™ are Class I medical devices intended to be issued by, and applied under the supervision of, a licensed healthcare practitioner.
TheraTogs are patented in the U.S. and Canada: additional US and foreign patents pending.
TheraTogs, Inc. • 305 Society Drive, Suite C-3 • Telluride, CO 81435
(888) 634-0495 • (877) 202-5965 fax • www.theratogs-staging.pte6eqsy-liquidwebsites.com • [email protected] • facebook.com/TheraTogs
TheraTogs™, Wunzi™, GoldTone™, TogRite™, TherAlign™, and Dragonfly TLSO™ are trademarks of TheraTogs, Inc. All Rights Reserved.